Find what you're looking for

Monday 28 March 2011

Epicness of Awesome!

Went to see Tim Minchin live at the Sydney Opera House last night. For those not familiar, well worth a look. (Good one to start off with would be along the lines of 'Dark Side' or 'Prejudice'.) Until then, put simply, he's a comedic pianist. Yes, similar to what I do. Well, more the other way around, but anyway.
Those of you that are familiar with Tim Minchin may be wondering why I went to see him, given that I am a Christian, and much of his material is colourful, to say the least. His 'Pope Song' would be a shining example of this.
But Mr Minchin, despite his frequent use of language of the coarse variety, and many quite vocal atheist views, has a lot of great ideas. On top of that, he is a master with the piano, has insanely clever lyrics, and possesses a good voice to boot.
Add to this the entire Sydney Symphony, which he had behind him at the time, and you result in this post's title. Needless to say, I enjoyed last night immensely. =D I also, interestingly, had a chat to one of the camera operators (it was being broadcast live to ABC2), who had actually been there at the opening of the Opera House - and on top of of it, actually, with a video camera. Needless to say, he'd been in the business for a few years. Think that would be a pretty good job, though perhaps not one that's too practical for me at the moment. (Though my mum is pushing for me to get a job, but that's another story.)
So yeah, think that's pretty much all I wanted to write this week. Nothing terribly profound, just something cool that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)