Find what you're looking for

Thursday 28 April 2011

They drowned the streets, but not our spirits!

Got back from Easterfest late Monday. We managed to make the journey from Toowoomba to home in a day, which was good. You may (or may not) have seen the short bit on the news about it being flooded out on the Saturday night. Thankfully, I didn't get caught in too much of that. We were actually having dinner at the time, and then the rain started coming down really hard, just pelting down. And we didn't realise how bad it actually was until after we'd gone back to the hotel, and some friends (who had stayed there) turned up, absolutely soaked. And they told us about how the water was knee deep in some places, some of the roads were blocked off, so we got a pretty good idea. Then another guy, who had stayed to watch Switchfoot (who had continued to play through this) also turned up completely drenched; apparently the whole area where that concert was was also knee-deep, but heaps had stayed.
The next morning, we also saw that one of the tent's peaks had a massive tear in it - there was almost nothing left of it. And saw the news on the TV. Was pretty interesting, really. So that's how the title basically ties in.

As another point, I got to have a little 5 minute spot in a talent competition there! You had to put entries in beforehand, and I managed to get the second last one. So I played one of my songs for a crowd of a few hundred. Unfortunately, though, the keyboard wouldn't fit in the car - so we had to borrow one from a friend of my Dad's, which wasn't as long/good as mine, and I had to stand up to use it, which I'm not used to. So I made a fair few mistakes. However, it got a pretty darn good reception. the only reason that I didn't get through to the next round was because one of the other acts had a rent-a-crowd handy. That's cool, certainly didn't expect even the reaction I got. But I guess that's one of the things that I love about comedy - if it's done well, it can easily appeal to so many different people. And make them laugh. That's always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)