Find what you're looking for

Thursday 26 May 2011

Social Ineptitude.

Well, I said last week that I'd talk about this today, so I am. Don't know quite how I'm going to word it, but I'll make it up as I go.
First off. For those who are somehow unaware of this, I am a social recluse. Hermit. Et cetera. I have written at least a couple of songs about it.
This is, of course, by and large my own fault; I've chosen to spend more time with books than my friends, more time on the PC than talking to people. The number of parties that I go to in a year could be listed on the fingers on one hand. And that's not declining invites, by the way; generally speaking, I've gone to every party I'm invited to. (Though some more happily than others.) My responses to questions can often be fairly short; and most people would probably view me as a pretty quiet person.
The main readon for that is because I find it hard to even go up to someone and say hi. Whether they be someone I know or don't know, I'm shit at starting a conversation. As some of you may know, if you get me onto the right topic I can really get going - but until then, I can be quite Stoic. It's something that I'm working on - as I've mentioned, I think - but I've still got ages to go.
So, chances are, half the stuff I want to say, I won't, because I'm not good at that. Most of it I'll probably forget, unfortunately; unfortunately because there is some good stuff in there. Heck, I've got a whole philosophy in there probably, if I put it all together. Suppose that's one of the big reasons I started this blog - to say some of the stuff that I don't elsewhere.
Think that's it. Kinda went on a bit of a tangent on the end there, but I think I can get away with it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean about the parties thing. And yes, blogging is definitely a good way to say the things you can't/don't/won't/shouldn't say anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)