Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Willpower.

Recently, I've taken to praying for God's will above everything else that I've prayed for. It's the idea I had back when I was talking about Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. If you don't remember that post, feel free to check it quickly here. Anyway, remember the old saying 'Be careful what you pray for'? It's the truth.

God gave me a bit of his will that I wasn't really expecting/ready for. And I've had to deal with that - especially because, recently, he's really been blessing me a fair bit more than is due. So there's a bit of contrast there. Because God's will certainly isn't what we always think it is. Most of the time, in fact. He has a habit of coming in from left field just when you could use a nice fly ball. But it keeps you on your toes - he doesn't give you anything that you can't get up from. And, as another proverb goes, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm not sure if that's completely accurate, but it works well in this case.

Recently noticed that I haven't done another 'Biblical myths' sort of thing since my first one (here). So, hopefully, that should become a bi-weekly sort of thing, maybe Saturdays. Think that would work out nicely. Also, sorry for late post. But I have a general rule of thumb that it doesn't count as the next day until I've had some sleep, unless I'm not having any. Makes referring to that day much easier; you don't have to watch the clock and suddenly start referring to it as 'yesterday' as son as you go past 12am, if you're up late/early.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I know exactly what you mean. I prayed recently and hated the answer that seemed to come back…now I'm really not sure what to make of things…but I'm very interested to see how it plays out :D

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)