Find what you're looking for

Sunday 3 July 2011

Defining faith.

Said I'd do this post, so this is me doing this post. Hopefully I haven't already written something to this effect.

Faith is often defined as belief despite proof to the contrary. Simple enough to understand, it's a common argument against faith/beliefs in general, not just Christianity.
I'd argue against this for one main reason - because there are many people who come to believe through proof and logical thought. Also, I think my definition makes more sense, and is better :P And I'd say that it describes more blind optimism than anything else.

I think that faith, quite simply, is trust. If you have faith in someone/something, you trust them, simple as that. It means that you think that they have a better idea of something than you do, whether they be a friend, deity, family member, person of power, whatever. It doesn't have anything to do with proof.

That's actually it for this post. I know, amazing, I haven't gone into epic length :D

I'm going to be away from tomorrow morning until Friday arvo, so I'll be doing the next two posts beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)