Find what you're looking for

Thursday 18 August 2011

D for Drama.

As you may be aware, I like drama/acting. A fair bit. It's probably my second passion, after music. (My third, as an aside, would probably be comedy/humour, which will probably be my H.) And I think it's one of those few things that people naturally do from a young age, without needing to be taught too actively. It's just something they pick up.

But my interest is more in the acting in a drama/skit sort of sense, rather than the daily acting of people, putting on a mask sort of sense. (Though that's quite interesting to think about as well.) I haven't been in a lot of drama-type stuff, actually. Three musicals and one play, all school-related. But I'm not too bad at it, really. Have thought of doing a bit of it on the side at some point, doing musicals or acting or something. Would be interesting.

Though something that I've found is perhaps a bit unique to me with regards to acting - I wouldn't take a role that had a female partner/love interest/etc involved, unless the interaction between the two characters was minimal. My reasons why - simply put, if I do that sort of thing, I only do it for real, not acting. That's not saying that I can't do it; it's that I won't do it. Unless it was in a very, very obviously sarcastic manner, and only after a bit of thought. Thankfully, haven't had to make that choice as yet, as I've never been offered that sort of part. Anyway, that's my idea.

I find acting interesting in that, in the main, you're very much performing someone else's ideas; but how you do that is a lot of the time in your hands. So the original creation is done, and the only creativity you input is in the refinement. (To what degree that is will probably depend on the part/the director.) Which makes it fairly unique amongst the 'creative' arts. But anyway, that's my little post for today, or rather yesterday now. 16 minutes late, not too bad.

Tomorrow...will be decided between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)