Find what you're looking for

Thursday 11 August 2011

A fiery debate...

I believe I've mentioned before that, at present, I do catalog delivery. Yeah, it's not fun, but it pays for the petrol. Anyway, last week, I noticed something on a letterbox that I haven't seen before which intrigued me: "No Labor Carbon Tax Advertising Material No Exceptions". I actually found that quite amusing, that this person had been hit by enough ads about it that they'd put up something on their letterbox specifically against it...anyway.

The carbon tax has sparked up a heck of a lot of debate. It has been getting an absolute nailing from most people, with lots having their say as to just how @#$% they think it is. The PM tried to lessen this a bit by saying that people will be fully compensated for any losses caused by the tax.
Now, this part doesn't make sense to me. So you're saying I pay $X because of the tax, and get $X worth of compensation? So, er...doesn't that just leave us exactly where we started, with not much point of the tax in the first place? If it's going to happen, let's not make it a big game of Pass the Parcel with the money, where it just goes around the circle not doing a heck of a lot.

As an interesting point, I get emails from this group called AYCC, the Australian Youth Climate Coalition. Don't know how much of what they say I agree with, but I think it's interesting to hear their opinion. In regards to the carbon tax - they have been trying to push at it for ages. I've been getting emails from them for almost a year - just from a quick check - that mention trying to get some sort of carbon tax happening. They've been absolutely rooting for it, and now they've got it. I hope they appreciate it...

Does make you wonder, though, I guess. As they say, there are two sides to every story.

Thinking of doing a series of blog posts fairly soon from A to Z - the subject starting with the next letter of the alphabet each day. If you've got some that you really want me to talk about, go ahead and suggest them. For this, I'll probably actually be trying to go every day, but we'll see how we go. I think I'm going to try from this coming Sunday, but I'll play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)