Find what you're looking for

Sunday 21 August 2011

H for History.

History is always something that I've been interested in. I've got nearly a dozen Horrible Histories books, and read about half a dozen more. Usually more the medieval or ancient times, though, rather than modern history. WWI and II never really interested me as much as Ancient Egypt, or knights and such. Perhaps I just read/watched too much of King Arthur/Excalibur...

Anyway, I think history's pretty darn important, regardless of whatever my reasons were for liking it... History is something - I know it's the classic line, but it's true - that "we can learn from, so we don't make the mistakes of the past." It is something that you don't want to get lost in, and there are some people that will take it too far and become obsessive. But as they say, too much of anything is bad for you.

Not only that, but history can help us to learn more about ourselves, through looking at choices and decisions made by those of the past. And, of course, there's always a few good stories to be found as well. I never could resist a good story.

I is a bit more difficult, and I'll have to think about it a bit...and no, I'm not going to do I for I. Too damn obvious.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say...HORRIBLE HISTORIES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

    And I'm the exact same as you - ancient/medieval history is absolutely fascinating! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)