Find what you're looking for

Saturday 6 August 2011

Normal.

Thankfully, managed to grab this PC for long enough that I can do this post. Don't know about tomorrow, though. May need to do it in advance.

Normal's a bit of a weird word, and it can be difficult to know what it means sometimes. Does it just mean what's most common? What the average is? What the ideal is? People seem to have differing ideas on it, but so many seem to want it.

I think - well, this is my own guess - is that normal is just without anything going wrong, as such. And even then there's a heck of a lot of discrepancy over what's "wrong". Then some people define it as anything that's not normal, and we're back in a nice logical loop.

Personally, I've never wanted to be normal. But never wanted to really stand out as such, either. It's a difficult line to attempt to balance on, sometimes. I suppose it really depends on what exactly you're "not normal" in. Some things are a lot more obvious than others.

And, as an aside - though I think those few who actually read this really already know - "not normal" is really a lot more common than "normal". And it would be pretty hard to find anyone who's completely "normal". I know that a lot of people can often take the approach, "Well, it's such a smll chance of happening, it won't happen to me." It always happens to someone. Chances are, with the number of people that you get to know in your lifetime, if it's not you, it'll definitely be at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)