Find what you're looking for

Sunday 28 August 2011

O for Opportunity.

These days, as I write in one of my songs, "the choices, they are so numerous; but the opportunities they are so few..."

We get a million and one choices to choose from. But rarely ever do we get a true opportunity. The most annoying thing, of course, is when you get more than one opportunity at once, and you have to decide between them...

A while back, I mentioned the "Seeds of Change" idea. it's something that I'm still working on, but admittedly haven't done a lot on for awhile. Partly because I don't really know what to do, I think. The thing is, I know that the idea could work, if it gets off the ground; the trick is in getting it off the ground. But I don't even know if I'm going to be the one doing that anymore. Mainly because I just know myself too well; because I came up with the idea, I'll feel weird about anyone else working on it as well as me. I'll try and 'babysit' it, keep it to myself. I can be a bit overly protective of my ideas. And so I've been thinking about passing it on to someone else at some point, possibly. I don't know. Still a bit further down the line, though, I think.

The other thing that I'm hoping to really get into, though, is my music. I really want to go somewhere with it; either to make people laugh, or make people think. Or both. That'd be good too :) But I just love being able to do that, and I'd love to be able to do that more than just the occasional gig to a couple of dozen people, when one in every half a dozen I'll get a few laughs out of. (OK, maybe that's exaggerating a little.) But I'm hoping to be able to actually make an impact with my music. I'm planning to audition for the next AGT. Not to try to win (because the competition would be too damn good, look at this year's one); not to just get attention, or get my name known by a few more people (because as I've said a million times before, I really don't like the attention) but just to make some people laugh. That's why I never went on it before, by the way, because of the first two. Though, admittedly, I only really thought about the third the day after I put in the application, but oh well. I think I should get a laugh or two. If I can even manage that, I'll be happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)