Find what you're looking for

Monday 26 September 2011

W.W.J.D.?

There's a song by the Axis of Awesome called Wwjd? working off the popularised acronym, What Would Jesus Do? It's been a bit controversial, as they haven't painted Jesus in the manner many would like to. If you want to see what I mean, here's the Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKmh-0E5BjU Warning: NSFC, but safe for work. As long as you use headphones.

The basic premise behind, it, though, is simply this: don't expect to be able to be as good as Jesus, because he's a heck of a lot better than us. And I think that's a fair call. I think that many people can expect too much of themselves, because they think that Jesus is setting a bar that they're supposed to be attaining; that they should be acting like Jesus would in every single situation.

PSA: You won't reach that bar this side of heaven. No-one will or can. It's a perfection to strive for, an exemplar to follow, not a "10 steps to holiness" handbook. It's an impossible to reach star that we do our best to reach anyway, because we know that the closer we get, the better, even if we never reach it here on Earth.

That's my view, anyway. You might think the song is just plain blasphemous. But there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)