Find what you're looking for

Friday 28 October 2011

Motivated....not.

I think - I can't remember, I've done too many posts - that I mentioned up here before about my psych essay. I pulled it off in one afternoon, the day before it was due. I had all the ideas and such in my head already, and I had the sources, so technically it was more than just that afternoon, but all the writing was done then.

I got my results back today. 29.8 out of 35. That's just over 85, which makes it a High Distinction.

......

When I saw that, I was thinking two thoughts more or less simultaneously. The first one was heck yes. I mean, probably the most negative comment I got on the essay was "You can't really do this" in response to me positing that the difference between internal and external self talk would be statistically insignificant. (Which was the actual result of the report; the research was done before the report was written.)

My other thought was oh great. Just what I needed. Another assignment that I did at last minute getting great marks. Problem is, I have one due next Thursday, and the assignment that kinda led up to it I didn't do too well on. And I have no damn idea where to start with this one, it's annoying me. "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...." Yes, OK, thanks Julie Andrews.

And of course, doing this post is further procrastination...oh, and I've still got L to do today, don't I? :P I'm a damned expert at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)