Find what you're looking for

Thursday 17 November 2011

1:1

Thought this might be an interesting one to write. Think duel. Think Western.


1:1


V1: / Dm / G / Dm / C / Dm / G / Dm / C / Bb / C /
You can stare me down all you like, but you won't get anywhere
Your hand hovers at your hip, but my hand will be first there
You circle to the right, trying to distract me
But I just smile
It's not me who's going to be dead tonight

Chorus: / Dm C / G Bb /
It's just me, and you
Nowhere to run
Nothing you can do
Two men, two bullets, two guns
One on one

V2:
You can stare me down all you like, but you won't get anywhere
Your mind searches for a rebuttal, but mine will be first there
You throw up excuses, trying to distract me
But I just smile
It's not me who's going to lose this fight

Chorus 2:
....... Two men, two sides, one won
One one one

Bridge: / Dm / Bb / Dm / C /
Not all grudges are solved with guns
Not all arguments with words
Sometimes silence is the best path
Before something comes undone

Chorus 3: (x2)
And it's just you, and me
Double or nothing, all or none
What are you going to do
Two men, one choice, just one

It's one on one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)