Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 1 November 2011

One of the Above.

This one was inspired by a particular event on Sunday. I was on the worship team for church, and the guy that was doing the slides for the projector was a bit confused - he couldn't find the last song that had been written down. We called him to bring it over, and we realised he'd been trying to find the song called "One Of The Above". Of course, it simply meant we would play one of the above songs to finish up, but I thought it would be a bit of a laugh to actually write a song called that. So here it is. Also used the opportunity to slip in some food jokes/comments.


One of the Above


V1:   / Bb / Eb / F / Bb /
Would you like a salmon roe, chicken wing or kangaroo toe,
Icy spice or lemon bomb, fishy platter that kinda went wrong
Would you like a nice thick steak, juicy pork and turkey cake,
Vegetable soup, wing of dove, or just one of the above?
"I'll take one of the above, thanks." *spoken*

Chorus:   / Bb / Eb / F //
One of the above, that's a great dish
It's everything that you could ever wish
One of the above, that's the perfect choice
It's why I raise my voice

V2:
Would you like a sardine's head, hump of camel - stomach instead?
Tomata frittata, bland flan, spaghetti made up or straight from the can
Would you like some raw seaweed, bitter lettuce, 'Oh-co-mon-freet',
Chef's surprise, sauteed glove, or just one of the above?
"I'll take one of the above, thanks." *spoken*

Chorus x2




And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)