Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Please Explain? + Let's Write A Story...

There seems to be a bit of a trend with "talent" shows and the like that rely solely on audience votes - the "safe" drop-out. The people that everyone thinks is safe, so they don't vote for them. And it happens so often, and people get annoyed when they get voted off - hate to say it, guys, but that was you. Don't point the finger anywhere else, because every person who didn't vote is technically to blame.

As an example; I've been watching X Factor (opportunity to boo/hiss/whatever...), and a few weeks back, my prediction for the top 4 was: Christina Parie, Reece Mastin, Declan Sykes, and Audio Vixen. Audio Vixen went out a few weeks back; Declan was in the bottom two a couple of weeks ago; both Christina and Reece were in the bottom two tonight, and Christina went out. And people were shocked - many thought that these two would've been the top two in the competition.

That's the "safe" phenomenon for you. That happens.


Also, just to save doing two separate posts...I've decided to do this National Novel Writing Month thing. Basically, it means a 50,000 word novel by the end of this month. I figure I'm not doing too much, I reckon I can pull it off. Maybe. We'll see. I'll probably be plonking up some of my ideas/updates here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)