Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Under Oath

Title just seemed to work, when I thought of the letter. Another "different persona" one, I think.


Under Oath


V1: / Gm / Eb / Gm / Cm7 / then same but / C / at end
Have you ever tried to work against
What you've done every single day of your life
Have you ever tried to cut the silence
With the edge of a knife
Have you ever tried to keep your promise
To do what you said from the start
Have you ever tried to keep
Two things the same apart

Chorus: / Gm / Bb / F / Eb / (similarly to above, and last time / Eb / D /)
I'm under oath, under creed
Both in mind and deed
Under oath, this bond of mine
Will last until the end of time
I'm under oath, under creed
This message you must heed
Under oath, drawn in blood
You'd better not drag it through the mud

V2:
Have you ever tried walking when
Your feet are chained to the ground
Have you ever tried to look up
When your world's upside down
Have you ever tried to fight
When your arms are cemented together
Have you ever tried to fly
When your wings are clipped of their feathers

Chorus


Bridge: / Gm / Eb / F //
This oath I am under
This oath I hold
Until the end it does unfold
This bond I am under
This bond I hold
Until my tale is told

Chorus


Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)