Find what you're looking for

Saturday 19 November 2011

Working out.

I've found in a couple of instances in my life, that things seem to just work out, and I didn't need to worry so much about it.

For example, with my birthday party that I've just had tonight. Which was good :D There were two things I was worried about; numbers, and money.

If we had less than ten people, the price went up a bit. Not a lot, fair enough, but a bit. Though that was a bit silly anyway - because having another person still would've been more expensive. Actually, having 9 people or 10 people would have cost exactly the same amount. But there you go. I had originally invited 15 people. I expected that three wouldn't be able to come. I got word shortly afterward that another two couldn't. Then another two couldn't. Then another two couldn't. That brought it down to six. I panicked; I invited two extra people, and said that people could bring plus ones if they wanted. At the beginning of today, I still had only eight coming. So I asked my sister if she and her boyfriend would like to come. She said she'd love to, but he was out on schoolies as of a couple of days ago. However, she said she'd send a text past another friend. This afternoon, I hear that two people who weren't coming are, bumping it up to eleven already. Then Rosie's friend calls back and says he'd love to come. And another guy that was coming said he was bringing someone along as well, so we ended up with thirteen. So numbers weren't a problem.

I was worried about money because I'd just had to pay for a conference I was going on, and I had a few other things coming up that money would be needed for. I had asked people to just bring along $20 or something and not worry about a present and such, but wasn't sure who would've gotten the message. So I didn't know whether I would have enough to pay for everyone + dinner + stuff. Then I remembered I still hadn't collected my final pay from catalogue distribution. Thought it wouldn't be much, but worth a look. Turned out to be more than I thought, was very helpful indeed. And half the people did bring money; one gave me more than he needed to. Yes, he did realise how much he gave me. He works at the Tax Office, so he's not going to make that mistake. Don't worry, he jokes about his job too. So money turned out to not be an issue either.

So, to me, that's something to thank God for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)