Find what you're looking for

Monday 2 January 2012

Jesus - All About Life

OK, yeah, stole that title. This post is about the response to how you measure a life, of: "In living faithfully to the Lord Jesus." And I'm calling this the Evangelistic view.

Of course, being a Christian, I could just say this one = win! and end it there. But that would be slightly anticlimactic, so I won't.

This view believes that your life's worth comes from living faithfully to Jesus. Now, if you're at all familiar with this Jesus character, you'll know that that's no walk in the park. You ain't always gonna come up trumps. So it's not so much a black and white thing, of whether you have or you haven't at all; nor is it like a score, with how much time you've spent living how Jesus wants you to. It's more based on effort - the willpower put into it. Generally, that's something that each person can measure fairly well, if they're any good at being honest with themselves.

Of course, though, if this is all that you use to measure your life's worth, I'd argue that you're missing a lot. People do a lot more in their lives than serve God, even if that is the most important of them. Don't ever think that any of these views I've mentioned have to stand alone. You could be an Evangelistic Epicurean or even an Economic Evangeliser (though good luck with that :P). But each of these are very different areas, and don't sum everything there is about a life. And they're not supposed to.

That's the last of the three responses that I got. Tomorrow, I'll finish with my own thoughts on it - how I measure my life. Or how I would, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)