Find what you're looking for

Saturday 7 January 2012

Just in case you forgot...

Do you remember that job I told you about a while ago - the one at the Italian restaurant, where I'm basically washing/drying dishes? Well, I'm still doing that. It's a good place, I like it. But I've gotten reminded a couple of times recently that I'm still slow.

They've hired two more people since me, and they wouldn't have been there more than a couple of months, maybe a month for the more recent one. I've been there a few months. Recently, I've been rostered on at the same time as each of those guys.

They're both better than me, already. One of them took over from me in the middle of washing-up because I was going too slowly. And I was really going slow - I hadn't even filled one load and he'd dried and put away two. In my defense, those pans required a fair bit of scrubbing to get some of that stuff off.

So it was a bit of a downer for me knowing that I could be so easily overtaken. Both of those guys have shown me stuff that I didn't know. Which is a bit annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if, as soon as someone else applied for the job, I got kicked out, honestly. Don't particularly want that to happen, but I'm not fond of speeding up, either. I can do it a bit, but then I don't really enjoy it. And to me, if I don't enjoy my job, I've got no interest in doing it. So here's me hoping, for now, that no-one else applies for the job :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)