Find what you're looking for

Sunday 22 January 2012

Walking the knife's edge.

There seems to be a lot of situations in life where you stray just a step either way and life just knocks you down. Some in particular pop up - mainly, when people's eyes are on you. So, of course, the people that find this most difficult are the politicians, the celebrities, the high-flyers.

One of my friends, when I mentioned to him that I'd gotten on to Australia's Got Talent, told me about how he'd tried applying for X Factor. Basically, the judges had slammed him down, because he did an angry song angrily. Go figure. It wasn't his choice. But he was just like, "yeah, whatever." The host was trying to get him riled, to make good TV, but he was just being cucumber cool. So he warned me to be careful of that.

Another friend of mine has ventured a little into politics. Which can be even more of a minefield - so many opinions to take into account, so many people to try and get on to your side. And if you get it wrong - well, the people kick you out. Quite simply. Whether it be the government, or the voters. Both happen on a regular basis.

Course, the trick is to not walk the knife in the first place. Or not care if you fall. But both can be quite difficult, in some cases. Are they more difficult than walking the knife itself? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)