Now, usually, that wouldn't be a problem. But he's actually put some good questions up. Which I want to answer. And I hate leaving things half done. However, four-fifths will do for this one - skipping step five. Yeah. Rebel. :P
1. The Rules:
- Post these rules;
- Post 11 random things about yourself;
- Answer the questions that tagger set for you in their post;
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer; and
Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged.
- I'm short-sighted. That means that things that are far away become blurred. With me, "far away" is about the length of my arm. Yeah. :P Gonna be eatin' dem carrots.
- When I was in high school, up to about year 9 or 10, I was third or fourth shortest out of the guys. And the shortest....wasn't getting taller any time soon. Now, I'm the tallest in my immediate family, and on the Sydney side of my family, the only person taller than me is my cousin. He's got a couple of centimetres on me. Personally, I preferred being short. It's a pain in the cinema though.
- Half (by parent, that is, not by numbers) of my family is on the other side of Australia. We go over to visit about every second Christmas. Oh, and my uncle over there is one of the big guys in a major mining business. So it's a bit weird going from our little place to their massive one...
- I actually named my brother - my parents asked me and my sister if we had any names that we could think of; and I'd read somewhere recently that the name Joshua was actually the equivalent of the name Jesus. (Jesus - Yesus - Yeshua - Joshua, something like that.) So I suggested that name. It's his middle name. We are eerily similar in some ways.
- I'm both lazy and forgetful. Fun mix. Trying to get over it. Hard.
- I love a story. Always. Any story, if I'm reading it, watching it, anything, I have to finish it. It's a me thing. I get hooked in on them really easily. Doesn't matter how cliched it might be, I'll still love it.
- I'm a blue belt in Tae-Kwon-Do, and I've done both Karate and Kung-Fu - but in a fight, I'd probably run rather than defend myself. If there was someone else there, though, that's a different story.
- My motor skills suck. Apparently, when I was a kid, I could barely catch a ball, and my Mum had to teach me how to skip. Slowly. Oh, and whistling I didn't get for ages either. Or clicking. Especially that.
- Apparently, I was quite the projectile vomiter when I was young. Could vomit the length of a table. Charming piece of information for you.
- I'm not a fan of phones. Really not. I got a new phone a couple of months ago; my total calls received equals nine. Yeah. Not a texting addict.
- I often have a drink late at night, at about this kind of time. I believe this one calls for an LLB. Back momentarily. And yes, I do realise that this is not real-time and you won't perceive any gap.
What was the worst thing you got caught doing at school?
Haha. Back in kindergarten; it was clean-up day. We were all wearing gloves, and I was pulling the glove over my fingers, one by one. As soon as I did the middle one...."Miss! Miss! He pulled the rude finger on me!" I didn't even know what the rude finger was, let alone that you could pull it. :P
Did you get punished for it?
I got the teacher talking to me in front of the class. "Would your Mum want you doing that at home?" Well, she never told me about it...I got sent to the naughty corner, I believe.
What occupation are you employed in/what career are you thinking about taking up?
Currently, I work as a kitchen hand at Luigi's restaurant in Narellan. That means washing, drying, putting away - well, dishes, pans, pots, containers, you name it. Not glasses, though, that's the bar's job. Plus bins, recycling, cleaning when it's not too busy, and desserts when it is. What I might do in the future? No clue. Too many castles in the sky, with me. I've got a million in one, and I've never been a good stairmaker.
Is there a point to space exploration?
Heck yes. Firstly, we get to see cool stuff like other planets, and black holes, and stars - and it helps us from getting too big a head. Case in point: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot
What is your religious belief, or lack of, and why have you chosen it?
Religious, no. Belief - I prefer the word trust. However, to answer your question: http://modnarama.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/not-so-quick-word.html Not planning to repeat all that here. In a nutshell; God is love. He's done the world for us. And He's real. The first two answer the first question, the third the second question.
What number child are you, and how has the experience been for you?
I'm the first out of four. It means I have to give all the hand-me-downs. I don't particularly like seeing my brother wearing my clothes just casually. Clothes that I happened to like. :P Apart from that - well, it means that a certain amount is expected of me. To some extent, I reckon my sister has lived up to that expectation better than I have; but I've been a bit of a late bloomer. Though that's no excuse.
Do you have, or have you had, a nickname? If so, what, and why?
Oh, my goodness. So, many, nicknames...I could probably sort them by category. The ones that make sense without explanation: Bren, B-Ray, B-Dog (those two both somewhat tongue-in-cheek, made up by a couple of people), Brenno, Brendobags (only ever one guy), Brendy. The ones that need some explanation: Dexter (after Dexter's laboratory), Dex (similarly), Gold-digger (err.....yeah), Shadow (on a history trip to Melbourne, had to be one teacher's shadow because I'd always be going off on my own), Stingray (actually my own - partly because I like the animal, partly because it has Ray, my last name starts with Ray - yeah), Piano Man (when I was always playing the piano, particularly that song, at one camp), Balloon Boy (after a song I did - the Balloon song - one time that got quite a good reaction). And the ones that make very little sense: Bleeker (because someone on the Thailand Outreach trip thought that I loked like this guy: http://www.urbanmoms.ca/losing_it/Juno_Paulie_Bleeker_costume.jpeg I don't see it), and Fogel (because someone else on Thailand Outreach trip thought I was more like them; don't know the reference, from a game or TV show or something [EDIT: Apparently, it's from here, and I failed at spelling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbad_%28film%29).
And I know I've missed a couple. Yeah. :P
Do you have a phobia, and what is it?
Drowning is a big one. Nearly drowned once, did not like. And being tortured, because I don't deal with pain well. Not a particularly likely scenario, but yeah. As I've mentioned before, my mind's good at making up these.
Day or night kind of person?
Hmmmm. I'm a morning person; day, I think. I like nature, being able to see all of that, hear all of that - you can hear some parts at night as well, but it's not the same.
Do you speak more than one language?
I can do a few words of Thai, French, Indonesian, Italian, German, Spanish, and Latin.
Are you artistic at all? (Music, film, drawing, photos, etc).
Music, yes; believed that's been mentioned a few times here before. Film, no. Drawing, I'd love to, but no. Photos, I should but I don't. And when I do I never look at them. I can add a couple, though - writing; that is, pretty much any writing. Stories, poems, speeches; I've obviously done essays and reports for school/uni.
Well, that's them done. Now, I'm not doing point 5, tagging other people; but I still think I'll write eleven questions. I'll just put them on FB instead. If I get any answers, they might turn out to be my interview for Monday, unless I get a response.
- Colours; eye, hair, favourite, disgusting.
- People - are they hopeless, or hopeful? (And why would be nice.)
- Are there any coincidences, really?
- Apples - better red, green, yellow, baked, stewed, juice, sauce, candied?
- Is anything set in stone? (That is, figuratively speaking.)
- Does infinity exist in reality?
- Rain - hate it, love it, dance in it, sing in it, laugh at it, roll around in it, or avoid it at all costs?
- Is there a point to life - and if there isn't, why is there life?
- Is morality make-believe?
- Day - Mon, Tues, Wednes, Thurs, Fri, Satur, Sun?
- What is world peace?
That's me for tonight. Literally, because it's tomorrow. There you go. Hope that was enlightening for you.