Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Because I haven't done a post in way too long....

Pre-warning: This has been deemed to be a very long post, well within the TL;DR range. If this puts you off, I don't have a short version. So yeah.

I seem to be falling behind quite a fair bit on this blogging thing as of late. I remember when I started out, I felt like I could put one up every day, almost. Sometimes, I think I nearly did. Had so many things to write about, that I had an opinion on. Then more recently I've had a couple of attempts at organising that, attempting to channel it somewhat. Which kinda worked for a while. But I've run out a little. Haven't done a post since a week back. And I've only got one interview left to do. Think I'll probably do that and go back to being somewhat more sporadic...

Though I have been quite busy lately. Last year of uni. Lots of assignments coming up. I'm composing for a 9 minute section of film, practicing and creating a 20 minute performance, and writing a 1500 word research essay thingo....it does add up. As well as that, of course, I decided to be part of a play, which chews up time. Then I've got work two nights a week, church, and piano lessons. For which I'm supposed to be practicing an hour a day. (Between you and me - doesn't happen.)

The play finishes up in a week and a half. It's been amazing. Jan's been such a fun character to play. Thought from the beginning I could do an essay on him. Seriously thought about doing it. Might just do a long-ish post at some point, if I get round to it. But he's an intricate enough character that I could do that quite easily, which is one of the reasons I've enjoyed it so much. And it's been great fun meeting some of the other guys in the cast :) Great people, all of them. Made a few friends. Turns out two of them are actually on my campus, but I've managed to not see them before. Figures.

Oh, and I'm also writing a Bible study for the Christian group at uni. On Romans 14/15. Interesting passage, but fairly straightforward, not a lot of discussion points. Which are what I always find interesting. But we'll see, I guess.

Found it interesting being this busy. Not something I'm used to, as such. I more tend to have quite a lot of time on my hands, and do not a lot with it. Well, you know. I play games, tinkle the ivories occassionally (not as much as I should/like), write a song or two (similarly infrequent). Though I haven't been reading as much lately, which I find annoying. I seem to just go to the computer straight away if I have free time. Which is annoying, because I still have books to read. At the moment, I have a dozen books that are as yet unread to work through. I've found, generally, that if it's a story, I'll have no problem. Get right into it, want to read the next bit, et cetera. More non-fiction stuff....I find difficult to get into. It's interesting, certainly. Perhaps I'm just not the reader I once was. I remember being able to read Eragon in a night. Probably still could, if I actually tried. So many books I haven't read for ages...

But yes. Busy. In one sense, I suppose it's my way of distracting myself. Kind of what I do with everything I do, and what I touched on as part of the theatrical element of the performance I'm doing. Because when I'm not distracted, I actually think, and remember, and my brain starts to wander....generally it doesn't do so in directions that are too fantastic.

Though it certainly likes wandering in directions that are fantastical. (Ha! Segue success!) ala this post here, which is fantastic: http://aussieatwcu.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/crazy-little-thing.html (Pre-warning: Also deemed to be a long post.) Well. Sorry, should specify. Not saying the post is fantastical. Movies and such, Mister Hollywood. (Wonder if there is one...I'm hearing a song here....) The fantastical land where everyone has a nice happy ending. Or are cut up in to a million tiny pieces to scare our heads off, because some strange people like that sort of thing. :P But yes. I suppose instead of letting my brain wander in fantastical directions, should let it remember some of the more fantastic times I've had....

And there's been some pretty awesome ones. Thailand. Annie Get Your Gun. Oliver!. A Midsummer Night's Dream. OASIS camps. Start of year camps. SWORD. Boot Camp. Zone 3 Lockout. Easterfests. Perth. Black Stump. Bents Basin. Wedderburn. Luigi's. Australia's Got Talent. The Unexpected Guest. And probably lots more that I've forgotten....

But more importantly, the people I enjoyed these times because of.
The Thailand crew - Oscar, always good for a laugh; Kurt, my Canadian cousin; Ivan, who apparently made me a "real man"; Esther, Miss Paparazzi, who switched the cards; Rhearne, who like cake; Alyse, who got called Beri, so we didn't confuse her with; Elyse, one of the more happy/crazy (I find they're mostly interchangeable) people I know; and Jonesy and Carto, who got the wrong sort of +C.
The musical/play crew - Mrs Pavela, both disorganised and fun; Oscar again, who got to wear the fat suit; Puck, who was Puck ('nuff said); Joel, Jooooooeeeeeel!; the other Brendan James, with the hair flick; Alex, who decided to give all the people in the line a hug one rehearsal; and George, who suited his part so perfectly it was ridiculous.
OASIS/other school crew - Mr Davis, who always called me "Brendo-bag"; Steph, whose realisation that we were both Brendan Jameses threw her completely; Jay, always the guitar guy; Aaron, who went round the mountain while I went up it; Sam, who was "Kiwi" to everyone else; Dan, who could figure out some ridiculous maths equation while knocking you to the floor; Shaun, who was and always will be Shaun; James, Captain Lankmeister (or vice-captain, rather :P); and so many other crazy characters.
The SWORD crew - Kurt again, FYI, we have a spy; Anna and Emily, the bubbly twins; Matt, my skater bro; Rosie, who knew I was the spy from square one; Michael, who did a better job than any other man could; Ben, who put up with us, despite his sunburn; and Corey, who...had some rather awkward pushups.
The uni crew - Javen, who always needs a little more djembe, and is very superstitious; Mozart, who always gets asked about his name, and has Samson hair; Mark and Tom, the piano men; Micky, who gives the best hugs; Flick, a drama queen in the best sense of the term; Jessie, who plays impossibly; Aurora, who is constantly knitting - check that - crocheting; Greg, who I refound; Viktoria, who can sing ridiculously high; Josh, who wrote that song; and Kay, who spontaneously came up with Josh's theme song.
The CTG crew - Michael (different one), who's somehow managed to put up with taking a psycho back home every day....; Gabriel, who always had trouble with going into reverse at the time; Caragh, the real star of that scene; Sonja, who plays her part a little too well...; and Guenther, who was crazy enough to cast me for the part.
And the rest, lumping them all in - Damo, who I was always on flying fox with; Andrew, who managed to get the keys out; Giovanni, Giuliano, Fat Tony and Luigi, who were always meant for an Italian restaurant; Luke, who, trying to get me a grilfriend (his idea, not mine), managed to ask two people who were taken; Sam, who can play a ridiculous number of instruments; Paul, always great to harmonise with; Sarah, who managed to (somewhat) organise us, along with those 'fluttering fairies' on the drums; Jesse, the pyro, who lives in what was once Spare Oom; Alan, who I painted a ceiling with, and gave me a chance to shine; Wendy, who gave me another; Ryan, who always believed in me; and another Matt, who seems to be another version of me a few years older that I've managed to find.
And so, so, so many more.

Thank you all, especially those I have forgotten or not listed here, for all the joy that you have brought me.
You've made my life amazing.
:)

2 comments:

  1. I like your description of me Brendan. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know :) Always difficult to sum up a person in a sentence with any sense of adequacy, but hopefully I've done alright :)

      Delete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)