Find what you're looking for

Thursday 5 July 2012

On opportunity.

I'm a bit of a weird sort of person. Anyone can tell you that, pretty much. But I'm also a bit of a smart person. Also a commonly known attribute of mine.
The thing that I find annoying is this: I could be Einstein, and without getting some sort of experience or degree, my job choice could well be limited to choice of fast food or retail outlet to work at.

Sure, you will get some who catch a "lucky break", as such. You'll get people that have amazing stories about being hired from a bus stop.
But they're the minority. Almost every job you'll ever go for will require either previous experience in an almost identical job, or half a dozen qualifications.

And that annoys me, honestly. Because I know that for me, personally, I could do amazingly well at some jobs. I mean, to some degree, I don't know, because I've never done them. But I find it annoying that you can't go straight into a decent job without having experience, if you've got the skills and brain for it.

Suppose I'd like an opportunity, really. An opportunity to prove what I can do. Because I know that I can do well. But without having an opportunity to show that, it's a bit hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)