Find what you're looking for

Monday 20 August 2012

Faith and hope on love.

I'm afraid that this will be another depressing one. It tends to happen after I watch movies or TV by myself.

Faith, hope, and love. According to God/the Bible, the three greatest things. And, in some respects, what I've tried to live out.

But I'm afraid that in recent times, the prevalence of the former two in relation to the latter have been rapidly dwindling.

Admittedly, though, I never had much faith in the first place of love. It was mainly hope. And at one point, there was much hope there. Usually, hope is something that I've held on to fairly well. And so I hoped, and I prayed...but now, that shining light has reduced itself to a flickering candle at the end of a steep, dark tunnel, in which it is very easy to fall. And which I don't know if I'll ever get out of.

Perhaps, one day, it won't trouble me so much. But I think it is somewhat part of being this age that one dreads being old and alone. Of course, one is never really alone. But it can sometimes certainly feel that way.

Sorry if I'm getting people down. I'll attempt to make sure the next post is about something more light-hearted.

And don't worry too much about me being depressed, either. If I'm good at one thing, it's distraction and diversion of my own train of thought. Keeping one's self busy usually does the trick nicely. It's just these periods of inactivity that get me down. Not being self-motivated at all, they tend to crop up more than I'd like. And, of course, you can't stop the train. Sometimes you can slow it a little, but it always comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)