Find what you're looking for

Friday 26 October 2012

Don't Change.

It's an expression you hear sometimes. Usually after you've done something nice, or funny. I laugh uproariously at a joke, and more laughter then ensues, more from my laughter than the joke. "Oh, never change, Brendan!"

To me, it's a bit of a bittersweet turn of phrase.

In some ways, it's good. Means that you're doing something right. People are liking something about you enough to tell you not to change.

But then....none of us are perfect. I know I'm not. I know that very well. And I know I'm wanting to change for the better. I know there are things that if I don't change, are going to become massive problems for me down the line.
And, of course, if you don't change, you don't grow, you don't learn. And those are very important.

But, obviously, when people typically use that phrase, they're usually referring to a specific part of you, not all of you.
I still think it's an important and interesting point.

So I suppose, when people say that to me; I think two things. Firstly, fantastic! I'm somewhat on track. Secondly, there is actually a fair bit I'd like to change. For the better, but still a significant amount is left.

I'm too tired to write any more just now. That will do at the moment. A decent amount there, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)