Find what you're looking for

Thursday 4 October 2012

Falling On Deaf Ears.

Was at a talent contest last night with the uni that I go to. Got in the top 15 (which is what that night was) out of about 30ish. Most of them on the night were solo singers, with two groups, a few dancers, a couple playing and singing, a duet, and an actor. And me, doing What I Say/What I Play.

I played it fairly well. Mucked it up pretty bad at the end, which was annoying. But over all was pretty good. But afterwards, one of the other people (that I knew vaguely from school) mentioned that you couldn't hear all the words I was saying.

Grrr.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems with comedy is communication. If it's anything else, they can think, "Well, it sounds really nice, so it's good!" But if they know it's comedy, they expect to be laughing. If you can't tell what I'm saying, it's not going to be funny. There are only a very few exceptions to that, and then I would say they fall more under phsyical than textual comedy. But it is certainly a problem that I've come across a few times before - as you may recall, it was also what hindered me back when I tried for AGT. And it's also been mentioned once or twice when I've done more meaningful stuff, when again the lyrics are quite important.

It's a bit annoying, really. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)