Find what you're looking for

Friday 16 November 2012

The end of an age.

Yes, I know. I have to go back for a screening next week, and I haven't had my graduation yet. But everything I have to do is over. So humour me.

The Fourth Age of the book of Raymond, chapter of Brendan, is coming to a close. He has passed through the short but sweet First Age of before school; made it past the introductory Second Age of primary school; tackled the turmoils of the Third Age of high school; and finally, has conquered the wandering traverses of the Fourth Age of university.

It's strange. I'm only 19, and I've just finished uni. By the time I graduate, I'll be 20, but still. It's a bit weird. And now, I'm supposed to find a place in the world. Make my contribution. Earn a living. Buy a place. Raise a family of future contributors, living-earners, place-buyers and family-raisers. *sigh* But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. OK, I'm pretty much there, really. I'm just waiting a little.

It's been a good three years. I've learned a lot, from staff and students alike. Both have become friends; both, hopefully, I will keep in touch with through the years to come.
I've grown a lot over these years. Not so much physically, maybe a couple of centimetres. But in terms of who I am; I'm a better person than I was when I started, and that's due in large part to many of the great friends I've made while at uni.
There's so many things I could say; so many memories I could hearken back to; so many people I could highlight. But you've all been so amazing, I really can't list them all here. Perhaps a few honourable mentions, however.

Tom, Mark, and Micky - the original crew. Some of the first guys I met, and some of the best friends I've had in the course. Also some of the best pianists I know, and all better than me, damn it. And all left handed! Strange coincidences.
Javen - for never forgetting to bring along his guitar, or his smile. Always great to laugh and jam with, my man.
Jessie and Flick - the inseparable duo of awesomeness. Ridiculous voice + ridiculous piano skills = these two brilliant girls.
Most of you at some point or another - for always having something that I can help you out with.
Josh - for singing my song, and letting me sing his. It was pretty awesome, and we'll have to do it again sometime.
Mozart - for playing in pretty much all of my performances ever; putting up with me talking to him all the time; and always challenging me.

There are many, many more awesome things I could say about any and all of you, but I don't want this to be too ridiculously long. Suffice it to say - you've all been amazing, it's been incredible knowing you all, and we will be keeping in touch. We will be. Or else. :P Or else I get annoyed, I dunno.
But it's going to be very sad saying goodbye to you all, after knowing you for all this time. I know you're all going to be amazing at doing whatever it is you end up doing, whenever you manage to find it. Just keep on searching, keep on hoping, keep on keeping on and you'll get there.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)