Find what you're looking for

Saturday 23 February 2013

Cars, pianos and rocks.

So, a lot of stuff has been happening lately.

This whole week I've had to go into TAFE, because that's a part of my traineeship. For this week, I had to go up to Lithgow, which is about two and a half hours away - up and down and up a mountain. Pretty winding, steep and dangerous road. Most of the guys decided to camp up there, save the trips and such. I needed to come back on the Monday and Thursday nights, for stuff I was involved in.
On the way back on the Monday, it was raining pretty hard. So the road was quite wet and slippery. Couple that with steep downhill, and a tight curve.... thankfully, I wasn't hurt, and the car didn't get much damage. I just went slightly off the road, and thankfully not into the other side, where the thick cement barrier was. And, I could drive away from it, which was good. But yeah, that's the first time that's ever happened. Hopefully the last.
Then when I went in on the Tuesday, the car broke down. Badly. It had to go to the service station, and they're saying it will take about a week and a heck of a lot of dough to fix. Which is....annoying. I'm thinking I may be using a lot more public transport than car these days. I'm just not liking cars, and cars aren't liking me.

On the Tuesday night, we went out to the local bar/hotel/thing there. And they had a piano. And not just a piano, but a grand piano. And not just a grand, but a one hundred year old grand. I was...possibly drooling. OK, not quite, but close to it.
And I got to play it!
It was pretty out of tune, I must admit. Had to avoid certain notes. But, I got to play Piano Man, Hallelujah, and Angel in the Alleyway on it before the customers started to say it was too loud. But it was pretty cool :D

Then we had TAFE. And just outside our classroom, we had rock climbing walls. Rock climbing walls. We didn't get to really harness up for them, so we had to stay below a certain point. So what we did was went across them - it's apparently called bouldering or something. But it was pretty cool.
Apart from that, this week was pretty much an intro to all the stuff we were doing this year. All looking pretty cool, though time is something it looks like I'm going to be quite short on. But I expected that anyway.

So yeah, big week. Didn't bring all the stuff I needed for everything, so that made it difficult too. Managed to make it work, but it was more difficult than it could have been. Had some fantastic views too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)