Find what you're looking for

Thursday 28 March 2013

Thoughts on the future.

My life has had an interesting few twists and turns here and there. In high school, I was doing mostly sciences. In uni, I did music. Now, I'm doing outdoor rec. Just a little different.

But part of that's been because I just like so many different things. And part of it's also because that's what worked for me at the time, and what I needed then.

Because, in a way, I know what it is I want to be doing for the rest of my life. The problem is, it's a bit difficult to get paid for; and even if that was a possibility, I don't think I'd want to be. I'd think that that might well ruin it for me, in some ways. But, of course, money is something it becomes a bit hard to get by without in this day and age. Especially if one day you want to have a partner and raise a family, which I do.
So, until I can figure something else out, this is what I do.

But I'd love to be able to write my music more often. And write for screen media - TV, film, games. Or musicals! That would be fun. And playing my own music. And just writing other stuff as well. Stories, books, plays, musicals, talks, so many things I have in my head that I could write that it's ridiculous. I have an encyclopaedia of encyclopaedias in my head :P And acting more - plays, musicals, maybe TV or film sometime, doing some voice acting for games. And volunteering for different things - OzHarvest is one thing I've wanted to get involved with for a while. Having worked in a kitchen, you can imagine I'm not a fan of wastage. Maybe even some stuff with Voice of the Martyrs at some point. Heck, I'd love to just get more involved with my own church - being able to get actively involved in leading and organising the Youth Group, organising the computer, doing admin, helping lead worship maybe, perhaps preaching sometime if I ever get up to there. Get a degree in Theology or something similar beforehand, might be an idea. (Not that I think the latter is required for the former - I have preached twice before. Just helps.) I'd love to study more in other areas too - Psychology, Language, History to name a few. I'd love to really learn and study Quenya in-depth. I'd love to see the world. All of it. I'd love to be able to run more often. (Speaking of which, *shameless self-promotion* doing a 100km run that I need to get some sponsors for. If you want to find out more, look here: http://www.wildendurance.org.au/event.php If you would like to sponsor me - which would be seven levels of amazing - look here: http://events.wildendurance.org.au/Bjraymond )I'd really love to be able to put time and effort into the relationships I have with people that I really treasure. I'd love to be able to make this brain do all I know it can do.

But yeah. At the moment, a lot of that is just dreaming, unfortunately.
I now have a folder on my desktop entitled "Projects". Essentially for everything I would put time into if I had time to put into it. That folder isn't ever going to be empty, I can tell you that right now.

By the way, just thought I should mention. Don't think I'm just saying this all because I don't like my job. I love it, it's fantastic. The only problem with it is, the best bit of it is the worst bit - you go away on camps and have heaps of fun, but you're away from everything so much. It sucks up your time like you wouldn't believe. Combine that with TAFE - plus other stuff I'm involved with - and it gets ridiculous. But I do love it. :)

So yeah, I wish I could do everything up there. But most of that either costs money, or doesn't give you much money. And if it does, I probably don't want it to.
There's the quandary of me for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)