Find what you're looking for

Friday 11 October 2013

A Challenge To Change.

I've mentioned that next year is going to be a bit different. Why that is, is still another post away.

But I thought I'd write a bit about some of how it's going to be different, what I want to do differently. And some stuff that can't wait until next year.

A big bunch of it is just getting me back up to scratch, and then a bit extra. In many, many different things. Mentally, physically, creatively, you name it. Bits of it I'm getting from Redesign My Brain, a TV miniseries that's just started up on the ABC with Todd Sampson. Really good.
As such, I'm planning to do ten minutes of juggling practice (which helps with both your brain and creativity), ten minutes of brain training, a forty minute run, half an hour writing, and half an hour on music a day. Obviously at the moment a bit tricky, but when I'm not working, that's the plan. That adds up to two hours total just for this, an eighth of my waking hours (if I get my eight hours sleep).

But as well as that, I also want to keep up my relationship with God, and grow it as well. So reading a chapter of the Bible in the morning and the evening (evening specific, morning random), and set aside praying time after each. Also hoping to getting into having devotional/journal type thing happening soonish maybe.

And then there's other stuff as well that I'm wanting to do, like a daily blog post, maybe a weekly video/vlog, cooking regularly, as well as another bunch at my church. That last is worth another post again.

Next year, I'm hoping to have all of this happening. But I also know that the best way to start things is from yesterday. It's very easy to say that you'll start things in two weeks, or a month, or next year - but to get into it here and now, there's the challenge. Particularly when you know the obstacles you've got in front of you.

And some of these things are really important, and have really gotten quite lax this year, particularly where my head's at. So that's something I'm going to do my best to get into pretty much now.

Maybe next time, my post will say that I'm juggling like a pro ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)