Find what you're looking for

Friday 4 October 2013

Deja Vu.

Recently, I've been having a lot of instances where things have been happening that are eerily familiar, particularly to the end of last year. Been feeling a fair bit of that deja vu, I suppose you could say.

I've got a fair few friends that are finishing up year 12 this year, which is awesome. And they've all basically finished and done, bar their HSC, which is pretty cool. And I'm sure they're all going to do well for that :) Hopefully, after they're done, they'll feel a bit more relaxed and such. HSC tends to stress people a bit. Then they get to have heaps of time on their hands, muck around a bit, catch up with friends, before they launch themselves into uni/job/gap year/whatever they're thinking of. It's good. :)

Then I'm finding myself looking at jobs as well. (More on the reason for that in another post.) I can remember that all too well from last year. Not particularly fun. My theory; jobs fall into a few different categories: A. Not great pay, not great hours, menial tasks. B. Decent pay, OK hours, really hard to get into, want you to be interested long-term. C. Short-term job, starting immediately. D. Someone already has the job.
I haven't found my E. yet; OK hours, pay and work, that doesn't expect me to stay on for ages. Which is annoying. Ideally, I'd like something local as well (Campbelltown/Narellan/Camden area), but that might be a bit much to ask for.
I seem to be very picky when it comes to jobs. :P I won't do fast food stuff, can't do retail (terrible at selling things), can't do things that need fast pace, or is just the same menial task over and over, and I don't want to be locked in to a career path that I'm not really that interested in.
It probably also doesn't help that I'm not interested in money. But the world is, so that's how it is for now.

And I also find myself quite looking forward to this year. Admittedly....that was the case near the end of last year, and this year hasn't been exactly what I'd expected/hoped. (Again, for a later post.)
But, this time, I think I see a lot of possibility. I'm hoping to get involved more at church, perhaps join the Community Connections team, oversee Display, perhaps even run a Life Group, be more involved at Youth Group; write a lot more music, get back into gigging, get a couple of these projects that I've been thinking of happening; hopefully get back into drama as well, get involved in some musicals/plays, maybe even write one, like I've been thinking about for a while (got one play in the works, actually); and just get in touch with my friends and family a lot more, as well. I've really missed all of that, and I'm looking forward to getting back into it next year. And as well, just finding myself somewhat - I think I've lost a bit of where I should be at, on a few different levels, and that's something I'd really like to work at.

So yeah. Similar to last year in some ways, and perhaps a bit different in others. 21 in 54 days. Out on camp. Had my 18th birthday away from home as well. Tis interesting. Hopefully should be good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)