Find what you're looking for

Monday 23 December 2013

Something New.

I haven't posted for nearly a month now; sorry about that. I've been away for half of it. Been pretty busy.

I finished up my job for the year on Friday. The boss brought in some arcade game consoles and a pinball machine for us to play on, and took us out to lunch. I showed them a video I made about the company - I think they all really liked it. I worked a bit more on a forum as well - something I've been working on for them for a while now. It's pretty much been my project. Been working on it in my own time and all. Just because I enjoy it.

But yeah, next year. So I know some parts, but not that much. Boomerang are keeping me on as a casual, possibly with some office work here and there - depending on a few things. I've been accepted into Impart, a course run through these guys: http://www.freshhope.org.au/ It's looking to be pretty awesome. Essentially, it's doing most of a Diploma of Christian Ministries, but as an intensive with only a few other people, in a community focussed setting. I think it's going to be really good.

In terms of work, though, apart from what I've already mentioned - and even with that, I don't know how much I'll get - I have no idea. Because of a couple of things I'm acquiring, busking and gigging (for actual cash dollars) are now potentially viable, but I don't know if you could call that a reliable source of income/ Which is quite annoying, because I was hoping to move out next year. But good luck renting a place without having a steady income.

It also means that my giving to the church is going to be affected, which troubles me as well. Largely because our church is looking to employ a Youth Pastor, but at the moment they can't because of the lack of funding - funding being essentially straight from tithes and offerings. For all I know, my pay per week could be divided easily in half, maybe more. Casual work isn't fantastic pay, and when it's not consistent, it's a bit tricky to budget and such.

I think God is either trying to teach me a big lesson in trusting in him to work this stuff out, or he's trying to give me a big kick up the backside to find a decent job. No idea which. Admittedly, I haven't been trying as hard as I could be with the latter.

Whatever happens, 2014 is going to be a big year for me. And a good one, I think. But then, I said that at the end of last year, before my hardest year yet. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)