Find what you're looking for

Friday 3 January 2014

Comfortability.

As humans, we seem to like ignoring the problem. It's certainly something I've been guilty of, and am guilty of. We think that if we just don't worry about it, it'll go away, or it'll sort itself out, or someone else will do it or something.

Because it's easier than facing up to it. It's easier to just act like it's all fine and dandy than saying, "no, actually, something's wrong," particularly when everyone else actually thinks it's fine and dandy. And as people, we like it when things are going smoothly. When we can just relax. When we're comfortable.

But the problem is still there. And all too often, if you don't do something about it, it's just going to get worse. And one day, it's going to come back, banging on your door like a prodigal son you were quite happy to never see again. And you won't have a clue what to do.

You might like your life of comfortability. Who am I kidding? Of course you do. You're human.
But the thing is - as long as you're living that life, it's not real.
It's a fake. A fraud. A phony. A thin veneer, stretched over your problems, hoping that they won't resurface. A stained-glass masquerade. It looks all nice and purty, but it shatters as soon as you start to apply any pressure.

Don't be a comfortable person. Be a courageous person. Otherwise, life, love - it's just an echo of what it could be.
You might not even know what courage is. Well, the first step is to own up; to recognise that you've got a problem. And that you need to do something about it. Yes, that's hard. That's why it's called being courageous.

Yes, this is a little bit more in your face than my typical post. It's late at night, I'm quite tired, And when I'm tired I tend to not bother beating around the bush. I also get somewhat depressive.
But, just so you know, this post is just as much for me - if not more - than it is for anyone else.

Oh, and it's actually 2014 now. So this is my first post of the year. It's also tomorrow now, which means I need some sleep. Night all.

Taking a leaf from a friend's book. Song for this post is "Drowned", by Tim Minchin. Illustrates a non-comfortable, realness. It's not always happy and fun, but it's real. It's true. And it cares.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hard thing to manage, I'm terrible at it. It's like abseiling - that first part is the hardest. It's not the only hard bit, but it takes a lot to get past it and move forward.
      I'm also not a fan of abseiling, but not because of the first bit. :P

      Delete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)