Find what you're looking for

Thursday 10 April 2014

By the grace of God.

So, the album launch was last Saturday night, and I thought it was about time I posted about it.

About as many people turned up as would be at our night service (a couple of dozen, for those not from my church). I sold about 8 CDs, and all up we raised around $350 for the Hub (the community pantry being started up at our church). So that's pretty cool.

It was really awesome having Jordan Worner there (as my opening act! was kinda weird), because he was my first choice for who I wanted to open the night, and he was happy to do it from when I first asked him. And, of course, he was amazing. But I knew he would be.

And I got a lot of great feedback from people, particularly about my songs, which I'm really happy about. Because you always tend to worry when you're putting that bit of yourself out there for everyone to see - and that's what you're doing when you create. Every song you write is a part of your own story; some just don't say that they are. And it's the same with all sorts of creativity.

So that was really good :)

And I know that it couldn't have worked out if not for God. I was away at Perth for about a week beforehand; and for the three days before I was on camp. Before I started, I hadn't touched a piano in four days. I was still looking for people to fill in roles while I was over in Perth. A lot of it was coming together still in the days leading up to it, and even on the day. And there were still things that needed sorting out when we got there.

And yet, despite all that, it worked out. God is an awesome God.

:)

And if you would like a CD, they're $10 and I have a few left still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)