Find what you're looking for

Saturday 26 December 2015

Day 17 - Forgotten

And we're back! Managed to squeeze this one in today. The challenge for Day Seventeen was to write a resentful song. I'm never good at these sort of ones, because I'm not really resentful about anything much. But I thought there might be some people who are around this kind of time, so this song is on behalf of them. For the record, my birthday is late November. Lyrics below, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkZR9t9APk

Forgotten

V1:
All the food is leftovers
From the day before
And the birthday cake is Christmas cake
Presents lay shredded open on the floor
Celebrations were all yesterday
Even though today is my birthday
But it’s all overshadowed by Christmas Day
And I’m forgotten

C:
It’s the worst day
For a birthday
On December 26th
Cause everyone is so tired and full
From December 25th
They’ve just no energy
To spend time thinking of me
It’s the worst day
For a birthday
On December 26th

V2:
They’re too busy watching yacht races or cricket
To think about me
Or the Doctor Who Christmas special
On the ABC
At 7:30

C

B:
Sure, everyone’s here
That’s a plus, I guess
But they’re too tired to do anything
At least if they weren’t here on another day
There would have been a Facebook notification

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)