Find what you're looking for

Monday 14 December 2015

Day 8 - Smileyface

Now on Day Eight! Today's challenge was to do a happy melody but sad lyrics - and tomorrow is the opposite. I knew that one would end up being silly, and the other serious, and I was hoping that I didn't intrude too much on the territory of my song What I Say/What I Play (which you can hear here). Because that uses a similar idea. So this one ended up being the silly one - bordering on creepy, if you watch the video. It plays on an idea that actually came from a stand-up routine that my friend did at school once for a talent night, talking about how people end texts or messages with a :) that may not necessarily be happy, but it's fine, because :) So that's what the song is about.
Lyrics below, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_QbPgwVOrA

Smileyface

V1: / IV / I / V // x4
I stubbed my toe the other day πŸ˜ƒ
Hurt my back so I can’t play πŸ˜ƒ
Found out I didn’t get paid πŸ˜ƒ
Got fined by the RTA πŸ˜ƒ

C: / IV / I / V / I / IV / I / V // IV / I / V / I / IV / V / I //
We’re all doing fine
It’s all going swell
Just as long as you end with a πŸ˜ƒ
You could be dying on the street
You could be going through hell
But it’s all OK if you end with a πŸ˜ƒ

V2:
Susie got eaten by a shark πŸ˜ƒ
Great-Aunt Nellie just died πŸ˜ƒ
Met a serial killer in the park πŸ˜ƒ
Found out my partner lied πŸ˜ƒ

C

B: / IV / I / V / I / x2
πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

C
Yes, it’s all OK if you end with a πŸ˜ƒ
You can say anything like, just end with a πŸ˜ƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)