Find what you're looking for

Monday 11 January 2016

Day 30 - Begin Again

And finally! We're at Day Thirty! Phew. Nearly didn't make it. This last one is about writing and writer's block; I thought this an apt name for such a song. And on piano! Rather happy that I managed to squeeze another one of those in there. Quite happy with how this song turned out. Got a nice suspended chord happening in the right, with a moving bass. One of my fun things I like to try with piano. Hope you enjoy! Lyrics below, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDFV3GmA-IY

Begin Again

V1: / F / F/G5 / F/D5 / F/Bb5 / x2
Slowly, words are starting to come together
Bit by bit
Beginning to form together on the page
But I can’t quite get it

V2:
Attempting to simplify thoughts into words
And sentences
Then trying to make it all rhyme
That’s crazy talk

PC: / C / F/D5 F/Bb5 /
But I’ll just keep writing
And I’ll keep on trying

C: / F / F/C5 / F/D5 / F/Bb5 / x2
To write a song
That’s not too long
And draws you in
To try and say
It any way
Before it all begins
Again

V3:
Maybe try to tell a nice story that I know
With imagery
Or just make something up that sounds nice
That you’ll believe

C

B: / F/D5 F/C5 / F/Bb5 / x4
Maybe you’ll remember
Something about this song
Maybe it’ll get you through
The night so long

So I’ll…C x2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)