Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 8 January 2019

....and starting 2019.

Well. I'm doing this slightly later than expected, but perhaps that's for the better.

This year is looking epic and crazy and many other words besides. But also awesome. Let me let you in on a bit of what's on the table.

One of the bigger consumers of my time, at least for the first half of the year, will be directing The Crucible. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a play about the Salem witch trials. If you don't know about those, Google it. But it's a pretty well-known play, and it's rather big. About twenty in the cast. Which is massive for a play, which often have less than ten in their cast. Five or less isn't uncommon. So, yeah. Pretty big. Particularly for me as a first-time director. Not really sure what to expect, but I've got a good team. And I've been wanting to direct The Crucible for a few years now, so I'm really looking forward to this. But yeah. It's going to be crazy.

Work is chugging along fairly well. Still doing a combined amount of between three and four days a week with the two jobs, which seems to work fairly well for me. Work more, and I have less time for this sort of thing - but work less, and I'm stretching the budget a bit tight! So it's a fun balance. But that's okay. I'm used to that.
Music at church is actually going really well. Quite a bit of growth has been happening in the evening service over the last months, which is very encouraging. More young adults and youth! Which is awesome. I used to be pretty much the only one my age there. Not the case any more! And that's really nice.
Bits at the radio station are moving along fairly well too. I'm getting a little bit of variance in what I'm doing at the moment, which I rather like. Variety is the spice of life! Particularly for me, so that's nice. As always, just enjoying the environment and the people there. Great people :)

I'm hoping to get my tabletop gaming group back on board this year. (See what I did there? ;) ) I've picked up a few new games over the last while, and I may have been a bit naughty and ordered Pandemic Legacy: Season One over Christmas. To say I'm keen would be a large understatement. A game that I'm working on has parts that are actually inspired by legacy games, so I'm really interested to actually give one a go myself.

But, as some of you may already be well aware of by now, there's some bigger news as well. I may be....well.....engaged. :D <3
I know, I know. All very soon. Thalia and I have been dating for a grand total of almost nine months now, and known each other for about a month longer. Less than a year! Preposterous.
....needless to say, we've been talking about it for a fair while, and have given it a fair bit of thought. We're not just rushing into it because we're crazy touchy-feely for each other. (Though people that have seen us together may still describe us in that way.....we're working on it.) We're actually very much committed to each other, and have spent a fair bit of time going over this with God, and getting advice from others as well. We're also giving ourselves a fairly long engagement - mostly just to plan and save up, but it also means that we have more time to really know each other deeply as well.

So, yeah. That's going to be taking up a good chunk of my year as well. We're looking at January next year. I'll be letting people know dates when things are confirmed and all that, which isn't now. But, like I said, we've been talking about it for a while. Doesn't make it any less crazy, though! Particularly when I introduce her as my fiancée.....goodness. (Pro tip: fiancé with one e is for the guy, whereas two is for the girl. Who knew?) I'm still getting used to that. But I certainly prefer it to girlfriend! Never liked the word. But never came up with a decent replacement, either. Anyway.

Well. That's what my year is looking like at the moment. Hopefully, it doesn't get too much busier! But I guess we'll see. I'm hoping I can really keep these (and maybe one or two other bits) as the main things I'm focussing on, but life has a way of throwing your plans every which way. Until next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)