Find what you're looking for

Monday 7 February 2011

Wow. Just wow.

As perhaps a couple of you know, I did my first sermon last night. Well, sort of. I did do one before, but that was for a service where the kids were running it, and it was more like half a sermon - or a long communion. :p

I have had a fair bit of public speaking experience before, which was very helpful. But, I have to say, I still didn't expect the reaction that I got.
It was amazing.
I think I got at least a dozen people coming up to me afterwards, telling me what a good job I did. So I must have done something right :) I'm telling you, God was in that church last night. I mean, he always is, but I suppose I just felt it a bit more, in a weird kind of way.


Heck, I want to do that again. :D

For those interested, my sermon was on John 8:1-12, and it was about grace. I'm not about to give you the sermon here (though I may put it up on Youtube at some point, and if I do I'll link it to here somewhere), but I'll give you what I guess was my main point: God's grace surpasses all.

I think I'll just leave you with that to be thinking on today. That's a fair bit to think about in itself.

2 comments:

  1. "Son, I am satisfaction"

    ...

    "I'm okay with this"

    Conversation win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Wondered where you'd post this. :D
    Good to see you on here again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)