Find what you're looking for

Thursday 14 April 2011

Fulfillment.

Today, I handed in two assignments, and presented another. For many people, I noticed, these assignments were very stressing. And most of them didn't have the presentation this week as well. Me, I'm a bit different. I don't get stressed. I can get worried, anxious, nervous, annoyed, but I seriously never get stressed. It's actually very annoying. Because I don't have a lot of motivation to start assignments, work, etc, because I don't really get stressed about them. So I end up doing them quite late. With varying levels of success. In this case, with relative ease. I think about a day's worth of work on each of them. Ish. Other times I've done better/worse. But each time, I've never done badly enough to scare me into actually waking up and getting myself into shape, and starting things slighty earlier. Oh well. But that's not what I wanted to talk about, so I'll get to that.

I had an unplanned late return from uni today. This was because I was helping out a few people who had left it a bit later than me. Or just took a bit longer to do this sort of thing. And some people probably wouldn't get why on earth I was helping them out. Chances are, I won't get anything for it. I certainly wasn't being paid; it definitely wasn't expected from me; I wasn't really even asked to help, I volunteered. Some of you probably think I'm crazy by now. (If you didn't already think that, that is.) But I actually like helping out, funnily enough. With some things more than others, for sure. For example, I'd probably be significantly less happy about it if my Mum asked me to lend a hand with the washing up or something. But writing I like, and I have a bit of a knack for. Good at proofreading, that sort of thing. Probably need to do that on my own work a bit more often :p But yeah, that's something I really enjoy doing, being able to express myself through that. I actually used to do a fair bit of writing, at one point. Hardly ever finished anything, though. So I've got a dozen stories or so that never got past a couple of pages. Of course, I have a similar knack with composition, which is why I do what I do. And being able to help out a friend is always a good thing, I think. I just get a real sense of fulfillment from it. It's good. :)

As an aside, I've updated the 'My Music' tab a bit, so it's slightly more current. I also have a 'Randomified' tab that's being added to every now and then, because I didn't think this blog was quite random enough. Oh, and if you see a quote of yours up there and you don't want it there, just let me know and I can move it, no problems. :)

2 comments:

  1. I got stressed: I didn't procrastinate, I started everything early, but I still got to Sunday and realised I had a lot left to do! Anyway, handed all my stuff in too, even though my printer ran out of ink so I had to work out how to print my score in dark purple rather than black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Don't think I would've been able to figure that out if it was the comp, and both the printers we've got were in danger of that :P think I would've been alright for the analyses, but not the comp. Though I don't think our printers actually let us print until we have a new cartridge in, even if we aren't using that ink :P

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)