Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Faith is a verb.

There's an expression you may have heard before, that say that love is a verb. The idea being fairly simple; that love is not really love unless it's actually doing something.

There's a very similar idea in the Bible, if you look at James 2, and other similar passages. "Faith without works is dead."
As such, I'd say that faith is a verb too. Easier way to think about it than to try and piece out the relationship between all these different things and whatnot.

In fact, I'd guess that most good things that are really worth it are verbs, if you have a decent look at them. There was a guy in an old Adrian Plass book (if you're familiar with him; if not, bit of a comedic Christian writer) who said that he used church as a verb as well as a noun. I think it's an interesting concept to think on, at least.
Food for thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)