Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Just a little one.

Heading off to work shortly, but wanted to get a post done. I'm attempting to get one done each day, so this is making up for the lack of one yesterday. As such, this is just a quick one.

One of the things I find somewhat amusing at my work - apart from the people, of course, because they're always good for that sort of thing - but it's the microwave. And I know. You're wondering what on earth could be interesting about a microwave.

Well, the thing is. This microwave is either extremely confused. Or attempting to target the younger generation.
Some microwaves, as you know, plonk up a little message when they're done. Maybe, "Enjoy your meal!" or "Done" if they're feeling boring. This has one of those as well. But it says, "Cool". Cool. Hate to break it to you, microwave, but you're not a fridge. You warm things up, you don't cool them down. Things are actually quite hot when you've finished warming them up. They may start to cool down, but they are in no way "cool". In fact, we've had several burns from people removing some pretty hot stuff from the microwave.
Alternatively, it means the other sort of cool. And it's attempting to say something along the lines of, "I'm done! Isn't that cool?" or "You've just used a microwave! Isn't that cool?" or something like that. Which would, admittedly, make more sense than saying that it is cool temperature-wise. But would still be very strange.

Anyway, that's my little nugget for today. Gold nugget, or chicken, though? Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)