Find what you're looking for

Sunday 10 February 2013

Live Loving.

Sorry that its taken me so long to do this. Work has kept me really busy, and now our Internet has been down. But this is the final one in my series that I started near the end of last year, on what we consider to be most important, or central.

If you can remember; I've considered wisdom, touched on happiness, investigated individual independence, and looked at trust, integrity and honesty. Each of them had their various positives and negatives from my point of view, and none were necessarily wrong or right. However, I would like to put forward my own ideas, as I am rather wont to do.

A couple of weeks ago, a very good friend of mine did a short talk for communion. In it, he mentioned how he had been looking for something to put on a Kung Fu Teacher's Patch; that is, he would have that patch on his uniform, then whoever he taught would get the same patch. He came up with these two words: Die Fighting. They were quite apt, and suited him to a tee. He then linked that into Jesus' frame of mind with the cross, which is how Kung Fu crept into a communion talk.

But that got me thinking inversely, as these things can do. And I came up with two words of my own, which I think both oppose and pair nicely (though the latter is a point for another post) with the previous: Live Loving.

To those who have been fairly regular readers if the blog, those two words probably aren't particularly surprising. But I think they're quite profound. Keep in mind, this is within the context of that which is most important to someone; central. It's not just saying that we're going to be loving. Or that love is a good thing to show or have now and then. But to actually *live loving*.

I'm certainly not the best example of that. If that's what you're looking for, try Jesus. You'll find him in the four gospels; I like John particularly. But that's the ideal that I always strive for. That I constantly remind myself of. I'd almost call it my measuring stick of sorts - my plumb line, to know when I've deviated a little to the right or the left.

I even reckon that, if you really know and understand what Live Loving means - and practice it fully - that you can never be in opposition to God, because he is love. But, of course, we never can, because of our imperfections. I still find it a good idea to remember, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)