Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Pledge #1 - Your Word

To be honest and faithful to my word, no matter who I give it to.


I'm continuing my look at this pledge I've come up with, with this first line. It's sort of following the idea from James 5:12 and Matthew 5:37 - "Let your yes be your yes, and your no be your no." It's about staying true to what you've said. Keeping your promises. Living up to what you say you'll do.

But why is that so important to me? Because sometimes I haven’t been able to, and that hurts. Both me and them. Sometimes that's been because of the circumstances; most of the time, it was because I said that I could do something I couldn't. And to me, it means a lot to be able to live up to what I say. It matters that I follow through when I say I'll do something, or be somewhere. Otherwise, I'm letting people down. And I really, really don't like that. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't know. It's important to me.

Next one should be up in the next while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)