Find what you're looking for

Monday 4 January 2016

Day 26 - More Beautiful

Day Twenty Six! Getting so close to the end. Today, was a dance song. I may have been looking forward to this. And if I'm writing a dance song, it's not going to be a doof-doof-doof dance club number. No. We're talking about 3/4, partner dancing, slow dancing. I also took a bit of inspiration from this old quote that a friend of mine loved: "Those who say sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain." For the record, the 'more beautiful' that I refer to is love itself. Though people are also more beautiful than the world; we were created last, as the pinnacle of creation. So that's true as well. But not what I was referring to. I've also kinda figured out the F chord on guitar, so that features prominently! Though my guitar has quite a wide neck, which means that I just don't play the bottom string - because it's left as an E, and that semi-tone difference is not nice in the bass. Works fine up the top, though. Anyway, hope you enjoy! Lyrics below, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwLBoZ7ts4

More Beautiful

V1: / IV // I // x4
We sway in the breeze
We sway among the trees
The rain patters a rhythm on the ground
It just adds to the beauty that is all around

V2:
We dance in the cool of the night
We dance by the starlight
The full moon shines down over us
Illuminating your lovely face

C: / IV // I / V / x2 / IV //
And while we’re here
Nothing can take this away
And while we’re here
The world fades away
To show something
More beautiful

V3:
We move together as one
We move as if our cares were none
The wind joins in the dance gently
Slowly teasing us and bringing laughter to this night

C

B: / IV // V // vi // V // IV //
How could we ever
Want more than this
How did we ever
Manage to miss
This beauty, this treasure,
This dance, this pleasure,
This love

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)