Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Matters Of Late.

Well, folks. It has been quite a long time since I've been posting at all regularly, and rather a lot has been happening, hasn't it? So I thought I'd best catch you up.

Obviously, I was in India for quite a while. I'm hoping to do a post just about that, because that was pretty crazy. And then, because I didn't have enough craziness, the day after I got back from India I moved. Well, I got back on the Friday, I moved half my stuff on Saturday, and moved in proper on Sunday. I thought I was getting a twin room - but when I got here and opened the door, there was only one bed! (Don't tell anyone though!) So that's been pretty handy.

Then I had to get ready for living by myself - so did a fairly big shop for kitchen bits and pieces, and then a food shop. That was fun :) Figuring out what I wanted to get. I ended up getting rather a lot, and more than I could use before the use-by-dates....bit of a trick when it's just you. You want to buy in bulk because it's cheaper....but you can't because you won't use it all before it goes bad. Ah well. Having fun with doing my own cooking, going mainly vegetarian. When I say mainly vegetarian, what I mean is that what I buy is vegetarian, but if I eat out somewhere else or with other people, I don't make it a rule that I have to be vego. Just makes it a bit easier.

Since I've come back, a few things have started back up. First one was the internship, which was new! And quite exciting. I've been having a lot of fun being a part of that, and being a part of the team that's making things happen at church - and it's a great time to be a part of things! Our church has just done it's big vision casting for 2030, which is pretty big. So yeah. Loving that :) Then I started back at BOE, just continuing to do the website for them. That's been good having that as a bit of a solid base to work off - particularly because the work at the warehouse hasn't been happening so much. It's a quiet season for them at the moment, so everyone gets less shifts if they're just casuals (which is me). So instead of three shifts a fortnight (which is what I basically planned for with my budget), I'm getting one a fortnight. Not great, in more ways than one.

Thankfully, I've had something else pop up - a job at a café in Macarthur Square, which is pretty much down the road for me! Very handy. I've just done my first day there; so they're going to re-assess after a couple of weeks of me working there. But at the moment, it's looking like it will be two days a week, which would be lovely. And it's quite different to what I was doing before as a kitchen hand in the restaurant - this is mostly working with food! Whereas before, I was mostly working with dishes, and occasionally getting to do food bits when it was busy. But now it's the other way around - well, ish. It's fun, anyway :) I'm really enjoying it.

Apart from all of that, I've still got choir happening, life group happening, and I'm also working on doing sound for the next play coming up at the Campbelltown Theatre Group, which is The 39 Steps (plug plug!). That's all been really great. And I'm studying at the moment, as part of my internship - eventually heading towards a Masters of Divinity, but I'm just doing one unit a trimester and thought it would be interesting doing it at Post-Grad level.

I think that's probably enough for one post. There's been other bits and pieces happening, but that's the main lot of stuff. I'll try and get an India post up before too long if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)