Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Incomprehensible Beauty.

I came across this quote recently, and I absolutely love it.

"I believe the world is incomprehensibly beautiful - an endless prospect of magic and wonder." - Ansel Adams
And it got me thinking a little. Because I completely agree with this line, which is why I love it so much. It just expresses what I already think in such a lovely way. Everything that I see, I see it in a lens of beauty and wonder. Rather than every cloud having a silver lining, it's seeing every cloud as silver, with a grey lining. Or something like it.

But most people don't see the world that way. Particularly these days - there is so much that people can be afraid of, get frightened by. So much that people see sorrow and loss and heartbreak in. And that's true - but they get so swept up by this that they don't see the beauty, and the wonder, and the incredible things that are still here. They don't see the magic that is present in every moment.

And I guess that's something that I want to help people see. I want to help people to see the beauty and wonder in this world, even while everything seems to be crashing down. In the eternal words of Samwise Gamgee;

"But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something....That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
I'mma just leave this here, to show off a little of the world's beauty. There are still a few stars shining yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)