Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 12 December 2017

On Truth.

A couple of weeks ago, I did this post. I mentioned that we filled out a piece of paper that had a brain on one side, and a heart on the other. In the last post, I covered all of the negative ones from the brain side. In this post, I want to show you the positive ones from the brain side. And then I'll talk about the heart side.

Below are all the positive ones that I listed.

I am a son of my Father.
I am a man!
I am a brother of Jesus.
I am SEEN! I can reach people and do things that others can't.
I am LOVED! And I always will be.
I am made NEW.
I am a prince!
I can love and be loved.
I am in the truth. I am in the light.
I am an encouragement to others.
God has never left me alone, and he never will.
I am clean.
I can feel people's pain and comfort them.
I am a man of truth.

I was pretty happy with that :) I could probably add a couple to that these days, but it's a decent list.

Then we come to the heart side. The brain side was ideas and thoughts that we believed about ourselves; then the heart side was verses from the Bible either supporting or disproving these ideas. These are the ones that I came up with.

You are the God who sees me. Genesis 16:13 
I have loved you with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3 
Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and rescue you. Isaiah 46:4 
He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. Isaiah 53:5 
So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. Hebrews 2:11 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17 
So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. John 8:36 
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4 
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. John 3:21

These are the truth that I cling to, and remember. In a world full of lies, darkness, and pain - I do my best to live in the light, and in the truth. I fall plenty of times. But I don't try to hide that. Because that's not how to live true and right. It's hard. But it's so much better than trying to go it alone, doing it in your own strength, and going on what the world tells you. Nothing can replace the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)