Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 13 October 2020

An Update.


Well, the site looks a little bit different! I haven't updated it since back in - I think 2012 or 2013. And it probably shows. So the look is now a bit different, and I've updated a few of the pages as well. The general layout is still the same, though, I'm fairly sure.

I've updated it for a couple of reasons. Firstly - it's just been long enough, it needed a change!
But I think the big reason was that the look of the blog before didn't reflect where I was at, and how I was going with life.

The previous update on the blog I made when I was having one of the best years of my life, feeling absolutely amazing and on top of the world, and ready to launch into a new chapter of living. I renamed the blog "New Life" in Greek (because nerdy Christian, woo), put light colours and pretty birds around the place.

Since then, quite a bit has changed. I've figured out that I'm struggling with depression. I've been in and out of a number of jobs, and had some fairly decent chunks of being basically unemployed. And now, we're in the middle of a pandemic (though hopefully here in Australia we're climbing out of it for the most part), and my moods are all over the place. I'm attempting to figure out where the heck I'm heading (clue: still have no idea), and what on earth I actually want life to look like. Oh, and I'm married as well, which is awesome, but is also very different to living for 27 years before that and being almost always single and looking for someone to suddenly being in a committed relationship. So that's something I'm still very much figuring out too.

I also don't post nearly as much as I used to (or as much as I'd like, if I'm honest). I've usually got a billion ideas going in my head about things I could write, but who's going to read my bits and pieces? Probably a few folks here and there I guess maybe. We'll see. But maybe after I've updated it and it looks nicer - and more like where I'm at - I'll feel more up to writing a bit more frequently and sharing it to places.

So yes. Let me know what you think of the new look! I know it's quite different. I have intentionally also gone with a dark look, because I appreciate websites that have a dark background when I'm searching the web at night, for my eyes that are a bit sensitive to the brighter and whiter light at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)