Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Welcome To The New!

OK, I stole that title. I absolutely love that album (for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, MercyMe's new album is entitled Welcome To The New), am currently listening to it, and am finding it so much relating to where I'm at in life right now. It's kinda awesome. Anyway!

Exciting, exciting, exciting!

I've just redesigned the blog, redone a few of the Pages, and most importantly, changed the title.

Now, you're probably wondering who these strange people Zoe and Kainos are. Well, they're actually two Ancient Greek words. And I think that they really describe what God is doing this year for me.

Kainós is, according to Strong's concordance, "properly, new in quality (innovation), fresh in development or opportunity – because 'not found exactly like this before.'" In short, made new. It's used twice in a verse you may be familiar with, 2 Corinthians 5:17; "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come." Both of those 'new's are using words derived from kainós. It's about being made new. Or rather, something that has been made new. I like what the definition said - "not found exactly like this before."

Zōē is, from the same place, "life (physical and spiritual). All life, throughout the universe, is derived – i.e. it always (only) comes from and is sustained by God's self-existent life. The Lord intimately shares His gift of life with people, creating each in His image which gives all the capacity to know His eternal life." It's God-life. The life that God gives and God wants for us; the life that God himself has. It's the sort of life that you might be familiar with from John 10:10; "I came that they might have life, and have it to the full." Other versions say abundantly, which is another good way to put it.

So, in a very small nutshell, Kainós Zōē means new life. (It's probably terrible grammar, but oh well.) But it's also so much more than that. It is life that has been made new; it is a new life that comes from God, that is the very life that God lives. And that's pretty awesome.

And that's what God has been doing - has done - in me this year. He's been changing me a lot before, but this year he's hit Turbo or something. And yeah. I just wanted to change this all to reflect that, because my writing was already really doing that. So this is really just catching up to where I was already at ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what God has for me in the future, and what I can share with you all in the days, weeks, and months to come. If you want to keep reading what I write, please subscribe so that you get notified about new posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)